The Port of Friendship is what Kenosha is all about. We like to think that those who have visited or joined the Kenosha Yacht Club have helped to spread that title.
We are a family orientated club, offering many activities for both Power and Sail enthusiasts. We remain active throughout the year with monthly membership meetings and activities.
Our year brings many boating and non-boating activities including:
- Blessing of the Fleet – an annual tradition to begin the boating season, held the first Sunday in June.
- Youth and Adult Sailing Program
- Sailboat Racing
- Regattas (April Fools, KYCOD, Buccaneer 18 NAs and The Last Race Race)
- Commodores and Officers’ Dinner
- Holiday Gatherings
- Splash Party and Beach Party
- Summer daysailor storage with access to a hoist.
- Derrick crane for boat lift outs, put ins and full winter storage (size limit).
- Monthly newsletter – “The Mainsheet”
- KYC belongs to LMYA (External) and is affiliated with other organizations, gaining you entry to Clubs around the lake and country.
- Use of the KYC for functions such as birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers.
- As a KYC member, you are entitled to discounted drinks at the bar, 10% discount off your food bill at The Breakwater Bar & Grill, a fine dining experience unmatched anywhere on this lake. Dine inside or, weather permitting, dine outside overlooking the Kenosha Harbor. The Breakwater Bar & Grill, is open to the public.
What does it cost?
- Full Annual Membership: $200
- Participating Annual Membership: $120 (cannot have a boat on Lake Michigan).
- NOTE: Only Full Members are allowed to use KCSC boats.
- Corporate Annual Membership: $400 Additionally
- New members must make a one time contribution to the Building Fund of $100.00.
- All memberships contribute 8 hours of participation per year. Unused hours are billed at the rate of $12.00 per hour. What’s a participation hour? Attend a meeting, a party, come watch a regatta. Just participate in Club activities and keep track.
KYC Mission Statement“To provide an active and diverse organization, whose members share and enjoy a common bond, the love of the water and its many varied activities. To best utilize and promote the complete resources of the Port of Friendship.”