2018 KCSC Summer’s Youth Programs
The program was a tremendous success this year. We wanted to thank those that made this program a success! We are now focused on planning for next summer. This showed us that with the help of the Kenosha Community our program can continue to grow every year.
Thanks to all the parents who chose to send their children to our program for the summer and to the students who showed up and make the summer worth the effort.
Special Thanks to the Following:
The youth instructors and volunteers
- Instructors; Ben Raimonde, Thomas Erickson and Ethan Myers. Their daily work included rigging, launching, teaching, safety watch, lesson planning, and putting fun in all student activities.
- Lydia Nelson, who volunteered all summer, every day. She also brought her friends to help when needed with the heavy work.
- Jovany Sanchez and Dylan Barnes who helped with rigging and cleaning and general dock work.
- Volunteer Henry Main who help write the survey, recruited some students and raised scholarship money.
- John Gransee for running the Harborside Sailing Week
The people who added to the summer program by making presentations to support the STEM portion of the classes.
- Barbara Wagner - Wisconsin Kiters Club
- Roger Field, Sue Hill and Katie Karow - Kenosha Water Utility
- Craig Helker “The Department of Natural Resources”
- Chris Allen – Kenosha History Center
- Captain Craig Jones – Sportfishing and Conservation Association
- Mallory Vagnoni -RecPlex
Members of the Kenosha Yacht Club who provided special help;
- Big boat’s week - Ron Otto; Mark LaServe; and Jack Ciesemier
- Small boats week; Ralph Ruffalo; Daniel Noah; Tom Hartley; and Dan Lane
- Bob Spitz for help with keeping the boats and dock in shape.
- Art Noel for taking pictures weekly.
Kenosha Yacht Club Restaurant staff for patience with our students and us and for sharing their space.
And to all the others who were there when we needed them.
Bettie & Paul Westcott
And the Kenosha Community Sailing Center Board